Sunday 21 February 2010

Research 2 [ Imagery ]

Its been a while since my last post, due to the fact that i havn't been able to connect to the the web, but here are some late images that inspired my vision for mt animation. I've been looking at huge variety of pictures and illustrations from Gears OF War to Dante Alighieri's Divine Comedy.
Actual concept art and storyboards for my animation will be up next week when I manage to get access to a scanner.

DIVINE COMEDY

Alighieri's epic poetry The Divine Comedy features some fantastic black and white engraved etcchings.



Cantos I and II Dante find himself in a dark forest. The trees are withered and ominous. Its a dark and eiree scene.






This is the same atmosphere I want to Capture in the opening scene of my animation When the Teddy wakes in a dark frightening forest,lost and afraid.

GEARS OF WAR

The xbox 360 title features some rather brilliant artwork. The pictures of Fenix Estate in particular caught my eye. The drab grey colours and sky give the pictures an isolated and lonely feel. I want to put a huge monolithic, empty mansion in my film for Teddy to wonder around. Is there anything more somber than a huge empty house?


Fenix Estate











HALO 3 ODST

Halo 3 features some really rugged and industrial looking location artwork that i want to base the city scene around. The buildings and architecture are ugly and could, an unwelcoming enviroment for a lost Teddy Bear.




The empty and desolate city streets are filled with a feeling of isolation, something I need to be able to portray in the film, as its pivotal the theme.







JAMES CAMERON'S AVATAR

Avatar is filled with beutifully lush jungle scenes and wildlife. As a contrast to the dark woods and deserted city streets, I want to include a jungle scene to show that this bear has indeed traversed the world in search of his home.



No comments:

Post a Comment